A good roasting pan is always important for a holiday turkey. It can also be used for lamb leg, fish, and turkey breast too. Before buying a turkey roasting pan, just keep some things in mind.
You will always want to get a roasting pan which is heavy but not so much heavy that you cannot lift it while roasting something on it.
During the cooking process the turkey roasting pan allow easy circulation of air and pass the air in all directions of the pan. Roasting pans are mainly rectangular in shape and are provided with handles on both sides. It can take a heavy weight of meat and vegetables.
[alert-announce]Also Read : Best Espresso Machine Under $200 – Guide | StuffYourKitchen[/alert-announce]
You can use your roasting pan on the top of your stove when making gravies and can also put it inside the oven at very high temperatures too. You will want your roasting pan to be made from such material that conducts heat very well.
Roasting pans can be made of glass, stoneware or ceramics which are not good choices at all because they can’t function well at stove top. These materials become too heavy when they are fully loaded.
Try to avoid those turkey roasting pan with nonstick pans because these pans can’t be used at extreme heat. Aluminum is a good conductor of heat but it may react to acids of lemons or tomatoes and may give an odd taste.
Top 3 turkey roasting pan
|Cuisine Select roasting pans||$$|
|Oster roasting pans||$$|
|Nordic Ware roasting pans||$$|
- Cuisine Select roast pan features a deep black exterior and the interior is made from stainless steel.
- The exterior has great durability as well as the quality.
- Since the interior is made from stainless steel, the pan remains safe, easy to use and not reactive to acid or alkaline foods.
- The biggest advantage of Oster roasting pan is that they have two more layers of stainless steel and aluminum.
- Pots can get more protection from the harsh dish wash process.
- It also has a smooth finishing of elegant deep black.
- Nordic pans are mainly used in households.
- Nordic pans entire cook wares are used also by the professionals of the food industry.
- It is made of practicality, style, and elegance.
- This stainless roasting pans is made in such a way that it has a polished finishing like mirror.
- With this pan you can make turkey, beef, or even roasted lamb.
To make sure that your pan will fit into your oven, at first measure the dimensions from the narrowest width. It does not mean to measure from one side to other side of the oven.
Turkey roasting pan are available in many types too.
- Covered roasting pans are made from steel or aluminum. These pans are provided with lids. Foods cooked inside these pans remain juicer inside and crispier outside.
- Open roasting pans are made from mostly stainless steel, iron, carbon steel, aluminum or porcelain. These pans are without lids and foods can be served directly from the pan.
- Electric roasting pans are very much portable. These pans are mainly used for slow cooking. These pans have a very high capacity of heat and can keep the food warmer for long time.
- Disposable roasting pans are made from aluminum foil and are disposed after single use.
Some precautions for turkey roasting pan are given below.
- Always wash the non-stick roasting pan by soft sponge and a pH neutral detergent.
- Use silicon or nylon spatulas for non-stick roasting pans.
- Electric roasting pans must be cleaned with moist cloth not by water or detergent.
- Always let roasting pan to cool before washing.
- Don’t overheat the roasting pan when it is empty.
- Don’t allow the flames to scorch on the side of the roasting pan.
- Don’t heat your non-stick roasting pans above 350 degree C.
Stainless steel roasting pan is durable, not reactive, and not too much over weight. But it is a bad conductor of heat. For this reason you can use heavy-duty stainless steel coated with 1 or 2 layers of conductive metal, such as aluminum. This can provide you the best characteristic for of stainless and good fast heat conduction too.
[alert-announce]Also Read : Best Cappuccino Makers in 2017 – Buying Guide | StuffYourKitchen[/alert-announce]
The handles of the roasting pans must be made from metal so that the oven temperature does not become any problem. It should be large enough to grip and could stand right up. If you are using a pot holder then it would be difficult for you to unfold the folded hands. Sticky handles waste your oven room.
Before looking for a turkey roasting pan, keep in mind about the shape and size of it. Take the measurement of interior of your oven and pan, including the handles, and allow 2 inches for air circulation.
You don’t need the biggest roasting pan to fit in your oven. Size is one of the vital factors here. It should be big enough so that the foods don’t stick to the sides and it also should have enough so that air can circulate through.
Try to look for a higher roasting pan so that hot water doesn’t spill out from the pan while moving. With sides between 2.5 to 3 inches pans are standard size.
Before buying a turkey roasting pan, you should recall all the features for future meal preparation safer, better, and easier. I fyou are looking for other kitchen Appliance you should check the guide to buy best pasta machine.